Happy Valentine’s Day everyone! This is a collab post with one of my bloggy friends Brianna! She has a wonderful lifestyle blog and we’ve been chatting about the post collab and she’s a sweetheart so please go check out her blog, as well!
It doesn’t just have to be about romantic love! It’s a day to celebrate that love exists, that you love your friends, family, pets, hobbies, all things in your life. February can be such a dull month, it sort of feels like winter has been lasting forever and everything seems boring and the same ( It makes me think of this episode of Arthur ) so it’s great to have something different and a little celebration.
Self-love is so important and since this is a day of love then why not celebrate self-love and “treat yo self”?!
This weekend a couple of friends and I went to Sephora and I decided to get myself something since I never had gotten anything at Sephora and I love makeup. Plus the bag is so cute! I’m like one of those babies who loves the package more than the actual thing that came in it! I got this Too Faced mascara and honestly, it wasn’t that great for all the hype. Usually, I use Maybelline Pumped Up mascara and I like it quite a bit more than the Too Faced one. Too Faced flaked off by the end of the day, but it gave a nice soft finish on my lashes and the volume was good. But, I prefer the Maybelline one.
Today I did sparkly pinkish eyeshadow and great big false eyelashes. There’s nowhere I have to go today so I can go as crazy as I want, with still keeping it pretty natural. I have a small false eyelash obsession, they’re so pleasing to me LOL, so anytime I can wear them I will. And, of course, glitter just makes me happy.
I’m also going to do some focusing on my mental health and nutrition, read about that and try to make a good plan to stay on top of those things today!
A little self-love today
Some things you can do to be nice to yourself today.
- Make your favourite meal. I had curry yesterday!
- Take a little money and buy something you’ve been wanting. Or
- Set a small budget and go shopping then get something that pleases you.
- Go outside and find something beautiful, admire the world and get some fresh air.
- Make a playlist of some of your favourite songs and listen to it, especially if they’re on self-love like Can’t Get Enough Of Myself, one of my faves.
- Have a nice warm drink of your choice and watch your favourite TV show.
- Take a warm bath. STORY TIME. Last time I had a bath I made it wayyy too hot and ended up sweating more than I do during a hard workout and finally decided that I should just get out.
- Write in a journal.
- Write down things you’re thankful for.
- Wear something that makes you feel good!
One small thing that makes you feel good!
Family and friend love
When I was little I used to make Valentines by cutting out construction paper in a heart shape and trying to write “I love you” on it, but once you hit about 14 the charm of that seems to wear off. My cut and paste skills couldn’t keep up with my age. So instead I made my family heart shaped brownies with 2 of my favourite recipes. Whatever Floats Your Boat brownies, which are tradition, chewy and delicious brownies, then Black Bean brownies. Everyone seems to be a bit afraid of the black bean brownies, but they are actually really good and super fudgy!
Spread the love
Spread it like butter on toast. That sounds odd, but also really delicious and now I want toast.
- Send funny Valentines. I’ve been sending so many of these. Sorry people I’ve sent these to!
- Call family members.
- And friends!
- Make heart shaped baked goods or pizza and give them to your friends.
- Have a cookie decorating get together.
- Drop little packages of cookies off at neighbours.
- Leave positive messages in random places to brighten people’s day.
I should actually do some of these things….. Oops.
I hope everyone has a great day and thank you so much for the love on my blog!!